After nine-plus days in Addis Ababa and Ziway, Ethiopia, we are now off to Djibouti. That is, if they ever call our flight. We seem to be in the right place; Kenya Airways Flight 402 does not.
It’s been an incredible, enlightening and often fun journey. Just the bullet points in my notebook fill four pages, so let this be a warning re: future blog posts. My thumbs are certainly not up to the task. However, to give you a little taste, here are are a few of the bullets:
- multiple macchiatos
- Haile Selassie Palace/Ethnological Museum
- John F. Kennedy Library at Addis Ababa University
- goats, donkeys, cattle and dogs on the highway to Ziway
- Jenny making injera
- getting stuck in the bajaj
- watching men winnow tef with pitchforks and getting tef in our hair
- Lucy vs The Baboons
- polyglot dinner (English, Amharic, French, Spanish, Arabic)
I hope we will eventually have the words and photos to bring our experiences to life.
In the meantime, I’d be happy with a Djibouti call.